Saturday, December 28, 2013

Endless Summer

This is a quick scrapbook layout of me, made with the CTMH Artbooking cricut cartridge.  It is on page 67 of the handbook, button 30; except the palm tree, I swapped that for the evergreen tree on  the other button (page 66).  British Columbia isn't known to have live outdoor palm trees.  The base paper is Kraft cardstock, the other papers are Recollections brand from my stash.  I inked up the edges with mini pigment ink, but I don't know which colours now.  I just played around on scraps until I liked the colour.  I did use White daisy pigment ink and a deep blue dye ink to stamp in the honeycomb corners.  I learned from another blogger Obsessedwithscrappin "fun hexagon background" on youtube that the honeycomb overlay perfectly fits the Honeycomb #c1537 stamp set.  I need to find my yellow chalk to tint the white on the upper right corner.  I think it will lend visual interest to the layout, even though its opposite the lighting on the picture, LOL!  This is my modest attempt at waiting out winter.  Stay warm & keep on craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.