Saturday, February 22, 2014

Scrapbook page re-do

I've been looking at this scrapbook page layout for some time now, and decided to re-do it.  I detest re-do's, my free time is precious and limited.  I did learn a few things:  a redo is still creative time; a redo is a chance to step out of habits; a re-do is okay because it says no one is perfect; I really like this re-do so it wasn't a waste of time.

I did this layout of my boys as a rush job at a November crop.  I don't know the paper brands or anything, they were part of the crop goodie bag.  It's okay, it shows the humor of the pictures, but the balance & details are wrong.

This is the re-do using CTMH products.
The redo was inspired by Make it from your heart Volume 2, page 9 pattern 2 adaption.  The base paper is "white Daisy" with a 3/8" border of "sky" blue paper.  The large "Sorbet" colour gear is cut from Cricut CTMH Artiste cartridge 10", and sponged with twilight ink.  The border gears are cut at 1.5" from "twilight"colour paper.  The centre band of paper is "Twilight" colour, textured with the Quatrefoil embossing folder.  The stamp in the upper right corner is B1433 Hostess Rewards "Family photo" set.  The stamp in the lower left corner is C 1566 "Tech speak", inks used are sorbet and twilight.  I used the Masking technique, a blending pen #3174 to highlight, and the "Rock and Roll" technique.  Between the pictures is faux matting of Lagoon Houndstooth Washi tape #Z1850 on strips of the "sky" coloured paper.  Sorry to be so link heavy, I don't know a simpler way to list all the stuff simply without getting too wordy.

I hope you are having fun playing with your supplies too.  Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.