Sunday, April 24, 2011

Paper Dolls


Good day!  I have been itching to use the paper dolls cartridges for cricut ("Paper Dolls for Everyday" & "Paper Dolls Dress Up" cartridges) & then opportunity appeared.  I know a sweet little 4 year old who is very fashion conscious & would love to play with something like this.  I got busy with my trusty Gypsy to pick all the components before cutting.  I used cardstock from my stash to cut out 12 paper dolls 5.5" tall to make 2 boys & 2 girls.  The reason for the multiples is to glue-stick them 3 layers thick so they are tougher for play time.  I glued the hair & footwear on permanently so they would be less frustrating to little hands, then detailed the faces, hair, & shoes with markers.  Pictures taken with my cell phone again.  I clicked them X-Large to bring up the details since they seem to be lost in the smaller size.  I like their googly eyes, the pictures don't show but some dolls have blue eyes, or green eyes or black eyes.  I've had them in my stash forever & its satisfying to finally use them.

 Flip the dolls over & this is what the other side looks like.

Heres some dolls trying on clothes.  I resisted the urge to fold back the tabs, they are a gift & I didn't want them to look "used."
 Here are the rest of the doll clothes, some are double duty with double sided details.  I thought it was a nice thing to help encourage memory that way.  I detailed some with markers & little stickers & left some blank in case kiddo or her Mommy would like to decorate some too.  They are easy to detail right over the cut lines.

Those are sweetheart candy valentine sticker sayings like, "Kiss me, Hug me, XOX, Be mine" on the little orange-yellow sundress.  The pastel stars are fuzzy stickers, & the sea stickers are sparkly.  White gel pen really brings up the details & add nice contrast to the black.  I forget the brands of pens & stickers, sorry but they're from my "stash."

I like the t-shirt sayings, "Just say MOO," "MEOW power," & "Everybody say WOOF!"  The little blue squiggle dress started out as an oops, messed up outlining it when the marker slipped.  I kinda like it better all squiggled up.  Outlining the cutouts really gives nice definition don't you think?
Its okay to channel your inner child sometimes, thats why they call it play.  I don't think adults laugh or play enough anymore.  I'm not talking juvenile immature rudeness either.  I hearby give you permission to go goof off & play with something creative.  Go ahead, you know you wanna!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.