Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cricut experiments part 3 of 5

All images were the "cat 2", button 49,  booklet page 130 from Animal Kingdom cartridge, "heads" feature on.  These samples were done with the "Emboss" tool from from Amy Chomas via her website  I asked for a 6x12 and a 12x12 rubberized mat so I could keep one for each mat size and Amy was kind enough to accommodate me for minimal cost.

For these experiments I started with lightest pressure & worked incrementally higher to see what the results were like.

These samples on vellum paper note 2, 3, 4, 5 showing pressure used.  I needed to use low tack green painters tape since the rubber mat provides "give" for the embossing, but also uses the mats stickiness.

You can click on the picture to enlarge if you prefer.
I tried parchment paper for baking just to see what would happen.  Of course that is nonstick & tape doesn't stick to it either.  For both experiments Pressure 1 did absolutely nothing.  #2 & #3 show pressure used for each sample.  I got bored so I didn't bother with repeating for pressures 4 or 5.  I don't think it would be worth using parchment paper in this capacity.  The creative bakers of the world might, but not me.  2 more posts to share, I hope this helps encourage others to experiment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.