Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas card swap returns

I am very happy to receive these gorgeous cards.  I cannot take credit for any of these cards; they were all created by Cricut circle members on the messageboard, hosted in Canadian chat.  Not all the cards makers were identified, not everyone blogs, and not all bloggers blogged.  Whew, say that ten times & see if it makes sense.  Out of respect to those who may not wish identification I will try to only identify the ones I know are blogged and out there for everyone to see as I figure them out.  Please let me know if I've screwed up any details?  Just to refresh your memory, here is the link for the card I made Christmas card.  It's very plain compared to these, but I'm pleased to have been able to join in.

Time to see the pictures, and there's a lot!  
Please click on any picture to enlarge.

This stylized green tree has matching stickers as accents inside.  The ornaments really make it work.
 This looks to be created on the crucut "Imagine" machine which prints and cuts.  That ribbon detail is paper with doodle stitching, very cool!  You can visit her blog here Jeanniecards
 I rushed to take the pictures in the sunny afternoon light and I'm glad I did since it really helps showcase the embossing and raised details on the different cards.  The colour contrast is very effective and lively.
 Can you see the subtle inking detail to give dimension on the snow?  It is sweet that the birds are keeping the snowman company.
 I really like how the embossing and sparkle accents on the trees turned out.  The white rickrack is a great snow detail.  You can visit her blog here Chasinkeegan

A note about this one, the next 2 photos show the inside, very clever detail.  The "stickles" sparkle glue accent it nicely.
Here are the inside cover fold lines.
 Isn't that cool that it can stand like this?
 This card looks to be by the same maker as the card above, but the snowman is on a spring, so it juggles as if bobbing down the snow hill.
 Check out the drippy lines on the white base inside, I'm pretty sure that is the drippy-goo Martha Stewart punch.

 There is a shaker box in the centre with snowflake flurries for the sweet snowmen to stay cozy.

 This has nontraditional colours but it really works.  It looks like embossed acetate plastic and then possibly alcohol inks to add colour.  The little silver metal rectangle says "Season's greetings."  You can visit her site here las-cricut 
This card is stamped inside to say, "Wishing you sparkle, Wishing you cheer, For a Bright Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."  Details Scrapperdee's Rambling, she made 75 of these beauties!
 Another lovely embossed card.  The inside says, "May your season be BLESSED with all things bright & beautiful."  The centre ornament matches the white border with gentle sparkle.  You can see the details at her blog Scrapaholic Jen
 I was trying to get the lens to reflect light off the red swirls, they are sparkly.  The inside says, "May the warmth &; love of CHRISTMAS be yours today and always."  You can visit her Stampin' up site here Stampinup if you like.
 This clever blogger embossed heavy weight aluminum foil for the shiney silver base.  The snowman looks to be a heat embossed stamp. Created by Croatiancrafter

 Check out the layers of details, very interesting to look at with the different embossing.  The inside sentiment says, " Snowflakes are...winters Butterfly's!!!!!!!" Ms.Mara's Crafty Stuff
Lovely "stickles" sparkle glue detailing, but look below to see what is revealed when opened, presents!  Trudi M sells Creative Memories products here mycmsite.com
I learned how to add links, yippee for me!  AND I noticed if I click the tick box, it allows the links to open a second browser window, which I really like.  Sometimes hopping around on the internet I get lost and forget where I started.  I'm so proud of this collection of cards, each one is like a little piece of art in itself.  I'd like to send a great big THANK YOU to each and every creator of these cards.  Paper engineering at it's finest!  I have plans to bind them into a little Christmas planning book so they can be enjoyed and not hoarded.

Season's Greetings everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Boomer. I hust got my cards in the mail today and was planning on posting them on the blog as well. I am so behind on my blogging...my draft pile is huge! hehe At least now from all your hard work I will be able to credit some of the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.