Magical Days #d1552 stamp set,
Sparkle & shine paper packet,
CTMH cricut Artiste cartridge, button 50 cubby box
Juniper, Ruby, and Slate ink pads as recommended on the zip strip edges of the paper pack.
Sookwang 7mm adhesive tape.
3D foam tape
sparkle bling assortment
2" scallop punch, while supplies last,
1 1/4" circle punch
stamp scrubber & Spritz cleaner
borrowed 1" and 1 1/4" square punches.
The paper pack and stamp set are limited seasonal items in the Holidays from the Heart seasonal Idea book. There is a slight shine in the silver paper print that just doesn't show up until you see it in person. I used my gypsy and the cubby box image from the CTMH cricut Artiste cartridge, button 50, sized at 2.5" to cut 2 per 12"x12"page. Then it was time to get on with it, assembly line style.
I was able to crank the papers through the cricut in about 15 minutes to get the cubbies cut. I saved the waste papers to punch at the crop. 15 minutes punching the patterned papers with the scallop punch. About 30-45 minutes at the crop scoring the cubby boxes so they would fold nicely. I tried one without scoring and the folds were not as crisp looking. Plus scoring made the folding go easier. Trim & snip the sookwang tape into strips, and stuck them to the edge of my CTMH Versamat speeded up the job. When you have to redundantly handle each supply multiple times, in multiple sequences, it adds time, which adds fatigue. The cubby boxes were assembled in about 30-45 minutes. Then came the fun part, stamping. The foam side of the Versamat also helped since I could lay out the solid colour paper scraps, inks, the stamp set, a scrap of paper to stamp off, and the scrubber and just go for it. I stamped most of each number in different colours on different papers to give more visual options to match to the cubbies. A few images I liked right away so they didn't get multiple stamped effort. Punching them out after stamping kept little bits from jumping around. I was pleasantly surprised to see the ones that were punched then stamped stayed put on the Versamat. I spent a few minutes aligning them 1-25 on the mat. It also took some time arranging the cubbies so that there wouldn't be blocks of any one colour overwhelming the whole surface. I wanted to have a variegated appearance, yet it remained unified because everything coordinated. I started at the crop at 9am, settled to work by 930am, and was done by lunch at 1230pm. It really helped to have good friends help with fresh eyes before sticking everything down permanently. I edged the cubby in a champagne sparkle ink to give it pretty detail. # 25 got sparkle bling to fancy it up.
Having a plan & kits really made the most of my crop time, but I still over-packed! I'm getting better at pre-planning which really makes the most of it. Happy scrapping!