Saturday, November 30, 2013

Frosted WOTG

This is the "Frosted workshop on the go, card kit" from Close to my Heart.  All that is needed is a paper cutter, and 4 inks (cocoa, olive, ruby, and twilight).  I made 15 cards from this kit with enough scrap papers to make more cards if I get to it.    I followed the cutting diagrams & assembled them in about 2.5 hours.  It would've been faster if my paper cutter wasn't worn out.  Time for a new one! 

Notice the 2 "Holly Jolly Christmas" cards,  particularly the stamping in the upper right corner.  After assembling the 2 vertical strips of paper, how do I align the stamping so it shows up?  With the clear acrylic stamp & block, it is pretty easy.  I placed the phrase panel where I wanted it, inked the snowflake stamp on an acrylic block, hovered it over the phrase until it was approximate, slipped out the phrase, stamped, set aside the stamp/block and then adhered the sentiment.  I felt pretty pleased with myself for figuring out that trick.  I don't mind that there are variations in my cards from the kit directions, that's part of the charm of handmade projects.
Season's greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.