Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Canadian Online Swarm ~ Challenges 1 & 2 of 4


I did eventually complete the challenges for the swarm, albeit completely out of sequence.  I was inspired to take some autumn pictures with the lovely showcase of fleeting colours.  As always, click on the pictures to "bigify."

Challenge 1 of 4
Saturday Oct 1, 2011.  Autumn or Thanksgiving themed card
also National cardmaking day
Using all 3 criteria create a card with 
1.  punch at least 3 “holes” anywhere (square, round, large or small) 
2.  use vellum/plastic/transparency  
3.  Use a Cricut cut, your choice of image.
Using my gypsy, I cut the card from "Sophie" cartridge at 8.79" x 5.5".  I used the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder to write "It's Pumpkin Time" at 1" height, font from "Blackletter" cartridge.  With a second screen on the gypsy I had the cut layer arranged to match the pen.  I like how the cut out sort-of looks like an exclamation point.  I backed the "holes" with printed vellum from my stash.


Challenge 2 of 4

Friday, September 30, 2011  In memory of summer, RIP 
Create a scrapbook layout with all 3 criteria:  
1.  flowers, butterflies or bugs, at least one cricut cut  
2.  stitching  (your choice how:  hand, machine, rubons, stamped or doodled) 
3.  a favorite quote

 Normally I do not prefer fall, primarily because it is a harbinger of winter.  The last picture shows this 2 page scrapbook layout, 12x12 size pages.  The next 2 pictures show the left and right pages.
 The quote is from a page of vellum quotes, DejaVues brand.    
"Sunny Days" was cut using gypsy "celebrate with a flourish" cartridge.  It is 5.36" x 2.73", green base, yellow, orange, and burnt orange for layers.  I used Sakura Glaze 3D ink pens to doodle around the punched butterfly & dragonfly, to doodle fill in blank areas of the cut out, and to do the "ribbons" of colour at the bottom borders.
 I used 2 small punches (shown) to do the spray of leaves, I kept the balance of colours yellows and oranges, from scrap paper from the "Sunny Days" title, with about 1/4 green.  I randomly rolled several strips of re-positional dot adhesive glue across the bottom of the page, then rubbed some away irregularly before sprinkling the leaves across.  I just pressed them down with my fingers, picked up the pages & tapped off the loose ones, repeatedly until I was happy with the visual effect.  All supplies were from my stash, I do not know the brand of background paper.
hmm, I wasn't expecting the background paper to blend into the carpet so mysteriously.
I've got 2 more posts to share from this swarm; my swap contribution, and my return swap mail.  It was a push to make myself do the challenges.  Joining in is great motivation to jump in and do something.  I'm glad I did!

2 comments:

  1. All of them look great. Glad to see you got them done and are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.