Friday, September 21, 2012

First Challenge, Canadian Swarm 2012


Create a Halloween Decor Item. It can be a sign, banner, luminary, treat bag, etc. The sky is the limit.

Your project must include the following:
1) At least one Cricut Cut
2) The colour purple

Your project must include one of the following:
1) Glitter
2) Ribbon
3) Use of a cuttlebug folder.

I'm doing double duty with this challenge.  I was inspired to make a "treat bag topper," which I've always kinda wanted to try but never done before.  A treat bag topper is something that pretties up the open end of a bag.  I used my new CTMH Artiste cartridge, choosing the toombstone "RIP" image at 5.65"high x 3.12" w on my gypsy.  I used my trusty silver ConTact shelf liner for the RIP, and edged with a Permapaque purple pen by Sakura.  The base is sized accordingly from plum paper & inked the edges with purple ink, both from my stash.  I used purple ribboon to tie the loot securely, & my TimHoltz mini-stapler to attatch the toombstone.  I wasn't sure about using the CTMH gift bag since it was so big, but I really like the swirly pattern and the way it poofs out the top.  I handwrote under the RIP "Summer 2012".


Of all the early stuff in stores for back-to-school, Halloween, and Christmas, I enjoy Halloween most of all.  Happy Spooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.