Friday, August 15, 2014

Your stamping notebook: Front Cover, page 14 of 14

This is the front cover, I know its funny to do it last but I enjoy irony.  I put washi tape on the edge since I goofed up and bound the folded edge.  Oops.  I like the way it distinguishes the cover so Hooray for a goofy win!

I stamped the black image with Archival black ink, and the "ticket stub" in White daisy ink.  I poured clear embossing powder over both and used my Tim Holtz heat gun to melt it.  I am not very experienced with heat embossing, so a sample book is a good opportunity to try it again.  Of course, stamping white ink on white paper is clearly not my forte.  I sponged Pacifica ink over the white embossed ticket stub, the technique is "Embossed Resist Stamping."  If you have allergies or sensitivities, I recommend heat embossing in a well ventilated area since embossing powder is essentially powdered plastic.  Heat + plastic = fumes.  Gotta protect our health!

That's it, we have finished  the project, 14 pages, 22 techniques, and a cute lil booklet to not forget them!  Thanks for playing along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.